August 18, 2021 2 min read
There’s a number of things you can do right now to boost your resilience and be mentally and physically strong in the face of lockdowns. Here’s 5 we’ve been practicing with success:
1. Control. When you’re experiencing powerlessness and a loss of control (perhaps from increased Covid restrictions) focus on what you CAN still do (and control), and not what you can’t do (that’s out of your control).
2. Routine. When so much seems out of our control, try to establish structure to your days to provide some stability through good routines and nourishing (mental & physical) daily rituals. Find a balance between what needs to be done (domestics, work etc.), exercise, as well as some ‘me time’ and enough space at the end of the day to debrief and let go of your worries before you get into bed.
3. Stress management. Make managing stress a priority. Stress is a major trigger of cravings and addictions, so spend time with supportive people, exercise regularly, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep every day. Write down simple goals into a daily plan and share it with others to help keep you accountable!
4. Exercise. Having a daily appointment in your diary to be active helps lower your body’s stress hormones (including adrenaline and cortisol) which in turn strengthens your immune system. Try taking regular walks, go outside in the fresh air and do some gardening, or be inspired and motivated by watching workout videos on YouTube in the privacy of your own home or garden. Lift weights around the home. Find something to get your body moving.
5. Alcohol. Be aware of your alcohol consumption particularly if you can’t function normally without it, you find you have become dependent or drink heavily to cope with life. Consider limiting alcohol consumption to weekends and having non-alcoholic substitutes on hand during weekdays.
Viva la vida (long live life)
Rob & Belinda
Australian Natural Drinks Co.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 04, 2023 3 min read
August 09, 2023 3 min read
Sign up for exclusive offers, recipes and upcoming events.